For 57 years, Carla Zampatti has stood for simplicity, quality and craftsmanship. With an Italian sensibility characterized by bold clean lines, the brand’s timelessness and tailored yet effortless style have empowered women for decades, creating one of the most iconic and celebrated luxury brands. from Australia. This newly created role provides a rare opportunity for the right talent to join our next chapter.
Playing a critical role in the creation and implementation of brands’ operational, sourcing and supply chain processes, the Sourcing, Sourcing and Business Process Manager will play a key and cross-functional role, connecting and aligning creative and production teams across the enterprise.
Working hand-in-hand with design to reinforce an incredible story, the Sourcing Manager will play an integral, supportive and collaborative role, bringing teams together in a seasonal direction to create each collection. The Procurement Manager is responsible for refining and implementing the current critical path, in collaboration with production.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in global sourcing, fabric selection and supply chain management in fashion at a high end or luxury level. Previous experience working collaboratively with fashion design, construction and production teams to meet and meet key deadlines.
- Sourcing and ordering of all seasonal builds within agreed time frames including – sampling and bulk requirements
- Labdips and print stripes
- Purchase of printed artwork and development of custom seasonal prints
- Continuous control and management of optimal greige levels for the execution of classic fabrications
- Sourcing and development, factory liaison, for the supply of bespoke hardware and leather, use for; accessories (preferred not essential)
- Sourcing and development, factory liaison, for parts required for special projects i.e. collaborations, catwalks, etc.
- Sourcing and development, factory liaison, for offshore manufacturing if required
- Promote, maintain and develop all relationships with suppliers
- An understanding of international fashion textile trends in general and experience working with top quality factories and local agents.
- Experience in sourcing the best fabrics comparatively; balancing quality, specifications, composition, cost, minimums and lead times, seeking suitable sustainable options where possible, obtaining appropriate manufacturing accreditations where applicable.
- Sourcing experience for Australian onshore manufacturing (preferred not essential)
- Gathering available specifications by fabric and care recommendations from each plant to confirm proper care/use for construction, production and line teams.
- Understanding of fabric and textile specifications in general.
- Fabric testing in general
- Management of the current critical path, including fabric lead times and shipping to Australia.
- The development process required to create custom builds. Experience in successfully managing this process.
- The development process required to create custom hardware. Experience in successfully managing this process.
- The development process required to design and create accessories Experience in successfully managing this process. (preferably not essential)
- The professional flexibility required to rotate and update information thoroughly and accurately, implementing changes as stories take shape in the collection.
- Computer literacy of Excel and Indesign (or equivalent program)
- High level of precision
- Work collaboratively and inclusively in a detailed, fast-paced environment.
- Maintain and update an organized and professional design space showing a visual process to provide clear fabric information to all team members.
Apply via LinkedIn only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To keep up to date with fashion jobs in Sydney, subscribe to Fashion Journal Career Updates here.